Friday, December 19, 2008

Welcome

Welcome to LightseekerOK.

For some time I have had a general blog, Random Contact, here on Blogger. Earlier this year, I signed up for a membership at IktusNetwork.org, and so I gained a blog there as well. IktusNetwork and Iktus.net are two websites connected to my church, The Family Prayer Center in Tulsa OK. My blog on IktusNetwork is a blog with a Christian theme, but they do have some limitations that Blogger does not have. That's fine, for they started the website for a particular purpose, and without the limitations, the blogs there could change into something that works against the purpose of the website.

So, I am starting this blog to do what I can't do on IktusNetwork. This is a Christian blog, in the sense that this blog has a Christian theme.

I have posted some Christian-themed items on Random Contact, and I'll probably post them here as well. I'll add my posts from IktusNetwork, and I'll post some items here that won't appear on the other sites. As I said above, Random Contact is a general blog, and it covers a variety of subjects. Because it covers my interests, it wil include Christianity, but only those items I wish to put out for everyone to see. Not everyone who visits Random Contact will be interested in what I have to say on here or IktusNetwork.

Why the name "LightseekerOK" ? My first name is Douglas, a Scots Gaelic name that means "black water" or "one who dwells by the black waters." By extension, one who dwells by black waters seeks the light. I added the OK because "Lightseeker" was taken, and I live in Oklahoma.

Again, welcome to LightseekerOK, and I hope you enjoy the site. Feel free to leave comments, unless you are going to be disagreeable. If you do disagree with something I say, briefly say why, and leave some links where I can check things out for myself.

I must warn you about 2 things. First, my sense of humor is wierd, and it will show up here at times. Second, I often look at things with a different perspective.

No comments: